Wednesday, March 14, 2007

3.14.07

Good morning,

I am here at work preparing to go preach at a local nursing home. I chose to talk about the Garden of Gethsemane. There were 2 reasons for this. 1st, it is a very disturbing passage for me because it truly shows the humanity of Jesus. It is not a Faith Shaker, but a Faith Strengthener for me. His dealing with human emotions and yet still focused on doing the will of the Father is a lesson that I needed this week, and I am hopeful the men and women of the nursing home can use as well.

The 2nd reason I chose the Garden was because I miss my own personal "Garden". I know this will sound strange, but my garden is sitting in a dark theatre (dramatic, not movie) and being alone with God. I have missed the stark-ness of the empty theatre, it is very soothing for me. Maybe next week. We will see.

I better go read my sermon one more time.

See you in His presence...

No comments: