Sunday, February 3, 2008

2.03.08

Set list

Friend of God (Michael Gungor)

Glorious One
Sing to the King
Everything Cries Holy

Immortal Invisible

Today was one of those weird feeling days. We had an unknown entity for the message, (a friend of Adam's who absolutely ROCKED) and I was still feeling sick and coughing a lot. It turned out to be a pretty good day. We had several people let us know that they enjoyed what we did.

I had one disappointment... we were scheduled and rehearsed to do "How to save a life" by The Fray. We ran a little long on the worship side, which is a first, and we would have been late getting out, which would have messed with Kid's Zone. Some times we have to lengthen what we do, and rarely we have to cut it short. Today was a day for cutting. Oh well.

One really cool thing, at least from my prospective, was the countdown clock that we used. It was an original one that my son's and I created in the basement with a dry erase board. Andrew shot and edited it, while Joey and I did all the writing and doodles. It was fun and I am glad we did it. We are working on a new one for the next series that should be fun and tie in really well.

Next week, we kick off our Lenten series, "Famous Last Words".
This is exciting for me because I will get to preach in the middle, and Rick will be back for the last 3 sermons. While I have really enjoyed getting to work with Adam in Rick's absence, it will also be good to have Rick back.

Until next time...

peace

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I liked the countdown clock ALOT! I meant to ask about it. Good job!!! We could do all kinds of fun things with that concept. Len did a great job and his message was perfect. I, too, was disappointed that you didn't get to do "How to Save a Life". I figured we just ran out of time. Next time let’s cut Immortal Invisible. :-)