Monday, March 23, 2009

Poor Man's versa tubes

A couple of you have asked about a comment I made about my "poor man's versa tubes". Basically, they are corrugated roofing panels, made out of white PVC material, lit with as much LED light as I can throw at it. Here are a couple of pictures... one of the panel, unlit and one lit with a primary green.





Where I got the idea that they looked like versa tubes is when I put the LED's on auto, and they changed colors really quickly. The corrugations and the shadows in between, looked like individual tubes.

I can't take credit for this, really. I got the idea from Van Metschke. He is a designer and tech director at South Hills Church in California. Check out some of his crazy good designs and knowledge at The Soundbooth

Later kids...

2 comments:

Jim Drake said...

Sweet... I've often looked at that stuff in Lowes and wondered what I could do with it.

you need to post this on Creative Fuzion (www.designingforphilistines.com) on Thursday

Jim

Jennifer Coomer said...

I didn't know what they were called. I just knew I liked 'em.