Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sunday set list

I know, I am late with this. Anyway...

Sunday was a really fun day in worship for me. I got to sing with Diane Carter, who is the worship leader at our Greenwood Campus. Diane and I have been singing together for 10 years going all the way back to youth camps at Hillvue. She is one of those people that I just naturally sing well with. It was just the 2 of us, and we split the lead stuff.

"Lord Reign in Me"
We had a testimony from the chairman of our council that was funny, and really tied into the theme of the day.
"You Never Let Go"
"Revelation Song"
Diane took the lead on this and really lead the congregation. It wrecked a few folks, as I saw a few tears, and heard a few sniffles when we finished.
Message
Today we continued in the book of John with the story of the woman at the well. We started with a clip from "The Gospel of John". The striking thing for me from this clip was the woman. She gives an amazing performance, and her face was perfect.
We ended the message with another clip, this time it was a spoken word piece from the woman's perspective. You can see it here.
"Praise You in this Storm"

This post is part of the “Sunday Setlists” blog carnival on my friend Fred McKinnon's blog. Click on the logo below to see other setlists and worship reports from around the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Revelation Song" is one that is good at wrecking people! It's one of my personal favorites.

Jennifer Coomer said...

Love "You Never Let Go" and "Revelation Song" (as you know). So I loved singing them back-to-back. You forgot to mention that Desmond from LOST played Jesus at the well... ha.