Monday, October 6, 2008

5:10am















OK, so it is 5:10 in the morning and my heart rate is just getting back to normal. I bolted out of bed about 20 minutes ago after having had another set of nightmares. I am not sure what is bringing them about, but I really wish they would stop. They are a combination of things from my life in the Army, and way whacked out stuff about responsibilities and such being left in disarray, and doing CPR and trauma care on people I know.

I have been having them almost every night for about 2 weeks now.

On Saturday night I didn't take an Ambien and was up every hour with one of these, and then wouldn't get back to sleep fully before another one would come and rip me out of bed. Last night, while I stayed asleep, I still had them, and finally woke up out of the last one.

I would covet your prayers on this situation. I am at a loss as to what to do, short of check into a psychiatric facility (he says jokingly?)

Thanks for listening...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry! that sucks. i'll pray about your nightmares.

Sovann Pen said...

Sounds like you may have some symptoms of PTSD, anxiety or sleep disorder

You can take a sleep disorder screening "Take a Sleep Test" at
www.sleepnet.com ]

Grace and peace to you