Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Family

I love my family. The reasons are happening all over this morning. Here are just a few...

Reason #1
Andrew just left for a guitar lesson. Not too unusual, except this week, he is preparing to play tomorrow in Worship @ 9:30. This is huge for him, and I am really proud of him. He has turned into quite the guitar player, and Wendell is giving him his shot. Drew has played in our Celebrate Recovery service a couple of times, but this is his debut in the early service. I hope I can get back in time to hear him. I am preaching at our Greenwood campus tomorrow.

Reason #2
Joey just made me breakfast. He is a good cook. He made eggs and Boca sausage. I had 2 pieces of toast with apple butter, and the whole thing was just 8 points. I didn't even have to ask for it, he just made it and said "come and get it".

Reason #3
Jenny is out in the back yard, right now, digging in the dirt. Last weekend, she broke her shovel, and I thought, her heart with it. She spent an entire week without digging. You see, that is how my wife relaxes. By working herself silly in her flowers. We have them everywhere, and we always have something in bloom. She works really hard and it shows.

Reason #4
Aaron is sitting at the piano, playing one of the many pieces that he has learned in the last year or so. It is really great to have music in the house. It seems to make everything brighter.

Have a good weekend all...

2 comments:

Jason said...

classic lines on a classic family.

you just listed four of my favorite people.

Anonymous said...

Louis, I don't have your e-mail address now, but I received an e-mail from a friend with this YouTube video. It is so cool, and I thought you might enjoy it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7x3VnrqbA&eurl=http://www.mychurch.org/blog/30635/coolest-video-ever

(I go to BUMC) We took the soul life pictures - Shirley