Monday, November 13, 2006

11.13.06

Good morning,

It is 6AM. I should still be asleep, but for some reason I have been up since 5. Anyway, Yesterday was one of those odd days at church. I always find it interesting what people notice in church. For the first time that I can remember, I tucked in my shirt. I don't know why, but I did. I got more comments about that then I did about the music! What does that say? Either the music was bad, and they wanted to say something and that was the only thing they could think to say. Really weird.

The service went well, although I had a really hard time getting in sync for some reason. That was not the case last night at CR (celebrate recovery). Last night we were all on the same page and it was like when 2 old friends shake hands and just naturally go into a hug. Not necessarily expected but welcomed. We got to hear 2 testimonies intertwined as Adam and Glenda, a husband and wife team that have been coming to CR for several months, told their story. It was a powerful testimony and a real word from God. In the middle of the testimony, I felt that the song that we had picked out for the offering was not going to work after the testimony, so God gave me another song to do, and with the help of my trusted guitar player Wendell, we changed directions and it fit pretty well. I love it when God tells us that our plans don't line up this time and then sends us somewhere else. The blessings are amazing.

Well, I better get started on waking my children. Have a great day and I will see you tomorrow.

See you in His presence,

Louis

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

You did look nice on Sunday. But the music was great, too. Chris Tomlin Sunday...See, I noticed.