Sunday, August 17, 2008

Morning Worship @ Crossland

Today is one of those rare days when I am not leading worship at Broadway. I got a great opportunity to go to worship at Crossland Community Church. I really enjoyed worship from start to finish this morning. I knew a couple of the guys in the band and it was great to get to see and hear them. The band was well rehearsed and sounded great. The set flowed smoothly and the vocals were tight. The songs they did were not familiar to me but were very easy to pick up on and sing. They did a song for offering (and ended the service with it as well) that was really sweet. I am going to email the worship leader and find out the name of it, and try to get copy of the chart.

They were starting a new series called "Family Secrets". The sermon today came out of Ephesians, one of my favorite books of the Bible. The pastor is, like me, the product of an Italian home. I felt right at home with his movement and talking with his hands. I particularly enjoyed that he owned the fact the scriptures were going to be tough to swallow, but that if you look at them with desire to be more like Christ, they swallow a lot easier.

All in all a great service. It was good to get to worship and not have to concentrate on anything but worshipping my Savior.

No comments: